Universal Xprinter POS Printer Driver for receipt printers
Xprinter TEST program (changes the code page, changes the IP address, enable / disable the trimmer)
- Unpack the downloaded archive into a folder and open the file: “XPrinter Driver Setup V7.77.exe”
- Unfortunately, there is no Russian language yet, so we select the language: “English” and press the “OK” button.
- We study the text of the “License Agreement” and confirm this action.
- To do this, select the checkbox next to “I accept the agreement” and click the “Next” button
- Next, you need to tell the program the path to the folder on your computer’s hard drive. All working files of the XPrinter Driver Setup V7.77 program will be installed in this folder.
- By default, the program is installed in C: \ XINYE POS Printer Driver \ XPrinter Driver V7.77
- If you need to select another folder, then click the “Browse …” button and select the desired folder for installation. Once you have selected the folder, you can continue further. To do this, click the “Next” button
- At this stage, nothing needs to be changed.
- Just click “Next>”
- This is the final step in installing XPrinter Driver Setup V7.77.
- Here you can once again check the path to the folder on your computer’s hard drive.
- If the folder is selected correctly click the “Install” button
- If there is an error in choosing a folder, or you change your mind about installing the program in the selected folder, then click the “<Back” button
- Pressing the “<Back” button twice, you will return to the window for selecting the folder for installing the program and you can change the path to the folder on the computer’s hard drive.
- After that, by clicking the “Next>” button twice, you will return to this item for installing the program.
- You have just installed XPrinter Driver Setup V7.77 on your computer.
- Now you can proceed directly to installing the receipt thermal printer driver or exit the program and configure the printer later.
- If you check the box next to “Launch XPrinter Driver V7.77” and click on the “Finish” button, the program with the driver packages for the XPRINTER receipt thermal printers will automatically start.
- If you leave an empty field opposite “Launch XPrinter Driver V7.77” and click on the “Finish” button, the installation of XPrinter Driver Setup V7.77 will be completed and exit.
- In the future, in order to restart the XPrinter Driver Setup V7.77 program, you will need to click on the “START” button (WINDOWS OS) and select the installed program.
- This completes the installation of XPrinter Driver Setup V7.77.
How to configure an IP address for printer Ethernet ports
Three ways to set the printer IP address:
- Configure directly using the test instrument software from the CD-ROM that came with the printer.
- Configure by sending command codes; (suitable for three-port printers)
- Set up by viewing WEB; (suitable for three-port printers)
- 1.1 Performing the configuration directly using the software for test tools:
- 1.2 Print a self-test to check the printer’s own IP address (factory default: 192.168.123.100); self-test method: turn off the printer, then turn on the printer while holding the FEED button, after 2 or 3 seconds, release the FEED button, and a page with the inscription “self test” will be printed, as shown in the figure below:
- 2. Confirm the IP address of the printer, and then connect the printer to the computer through a hub, switch, or cable directly (direct connection method). (Note: IP address cannot be changed if the connection is established through a router). Change the IP address using the test tool software from the CD, the software looks like this:
- 2.1. Port selection —— NET
- 2.2. Printer Type —— XP-80
- 2.3. Local IP —— IP address of the computer. Click the Refresh button, the IP address of the computer will appear. (Note: if the updated IP address is 0.0.0.0, this means that the local IP is conflicting with other devices and make sure your IP address is unique)
- 2.4. Printer IP —— IP address on the self-test page. (If the local IP and IP addresses of the printer are in the same network segment, the test can be printed by pressing the “connection test” button.
- 2.5. New IP address —— Enter the IP address you want to change, click the “set up IP” button to complete the IP setup.
- 3. Press the “set up IP” button, the computer will wait 10 seconds until a prompt window appears indicating successful configuration. In the process of resetting the IP, the computer will disconnect, and then automatically connect, as shown in the figure below:
- 4. After the prompt window appears indicating “printer address successfully set”, print the self-test page again to see if the IP address has been changed, as shown in the figure below:
computer and the IP address of the printer in the same network segment: 193.168.123. XXX before connecting the printer (
except for the router method) to the computer and using the tools to change the IP address.
The specific method is as follows:
- Click Network Connection – Local Connection – Properties – Internet Protocol, then manually configure IP, as shown in the following screenshot:
- Re-open the test software again, click the refresh button to update the local IP address, then click the connection test button, after the help window appears showing a successful connection, click set up IP (configure IP) to change the IP address of the printer. See the picture below:
- Re-print the self-test to see if the IP address has been successfully changed:
The self-test page above shows that the new IP address has been successfully set. This method is suitable for all printer Ethernet ports.
II. Perform customization by sending command codes
There are two other methods for configuring the three printer ports. The first method is as follows:
- Connect the printer to the computer via the serial port, USB port or Ethernet port, then
- check the USB or serial port for normal communication, if the test is ok, send a command through the
- serial port or USB port to change the Ethernet IP port (command: 1F1B1F91004950ip1 ~ ip4) .
- See the following picture:
(1): select the serial port or USB port
(2): select the type of printer
(3): select HEX
(4): enter the command code to change the IP address in the print content field: 1F1B1F91004950C0A81364, this is the IP address as shown in In the figure above, the IP address is 192.168.19.100, and the corresponding hexadecimal is C0A81364.
(5): Finally, click the “Print” button, and the printer will beep once, it indicates that the command was sent successfully. Finally, check the printer again to see if the IP address has been changed.
III. Make the setting by viewing WEB. For three-port printers, the second way to change the IP address is through WEB. The specific method is as follows:
- Make the IP address of the computer and the IP address of the printer in the same network segment as described above.
- Open a browser; enter the IP address of the printer in the address bar, for example, the current IP address of the printer is 192.168.123.100, as shown in the figure below:
(1): Click the “Configuration” button.
(2): enter the IP address, subnet mask and gateway address that you want to set in three lines, respectively
(3): Click the “Save” button to save the changed settings. Please note that only printers and a computer in the same network segment can enter the WEB configuration interface.